Sunday, March 31, 2013

The last day of March.....

 

I wonder when the last time was that Easter Sunday fell on the last day of the month.  My oldest son was born on March 27 and I remember, when he was about five or six, that his birthday was on Good Friday.  That would have made Easter on the 29th, still not the last day. 

We had a lovely day, the sun was shining and it was 75 degrees.....warm and dry, rare for this time of year in Oregon. 

But, now I guess it is time to move on to April......so no more April "fooling around"....straight to the calendar pages.

IMG_3878

IMG_3877

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not "in love" with either of these pages but they were both good practice.  The couple was my study of arms, I wanted to give the arm foreshorting and hand placement "a go".  I think it worked, don't like the cartoony faces much tho'.

I hope it is starting to show signs of Spring where you are and that your April will be full of good things!

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like those arms. They are perfect.

I had a nice, warm Easter, too. But now the cold is coming back with a vengeance. Not sure Spring will ever arrive this year, just a day or two here and there, then back to cold or (even worse) the dreaded heat!

As always, I like how you make your pages. So different, but that's the beauty of it.

elle said...

nice arms! No fooling. I will be late starting April pages. pant, pant

Karen said...

I think your art is spectacular! Each page is so creatively done. I'm glad the weather is warming up, I could use some sunshine.

Carola Bartz said...

I wish I was working more in my art journal. Your pages look good, I especially like your use of circles - always a great element.
I really can't remember any Easter on the last day of March, but I remember Easter being on my daughter's birthday twice so far.

Julie said...

A little blog for you to check out:

ROCKY ROAD CREATIONS!