Monday, October 1, 2012

October, already!

 

Fall is in the air and a new month begins…..here in Oregon the weather is perfect for fall, sunny and mid-seventies during the day with cool mornings and evenings.  In spite of the weather, or maybe, because of it I’m sorry  to see summer end and fall turn to winter.  So, for now we enjoy every minute of what we have!

It is, also, time to join Kate at Kathryn's Wheel and share my September and October calendar pages.  September was crazy busy……

IMG_3229 I was part of an art show at the local bakery, took a trip to California, froze tomatoes, prepared to teach a class, had a garage sale and celebrated my husband’s 80th birthday!

IMG_3227 You may remember I like to mix it up and not use just square shapes for my daily journaling.  So, the right side of the page is stamped with a stamp I carved in the shape of a sunflower and on this page I drew the sunflower and wrote in the leaf shapes.

IMG_3228

 

 

On this page, I experimented with the stamps, color and a wash….the notes on the left, written in pencil, are to remind me of the outcome of my experiments i.e. how the yellow comes forward and the wash pushes the flowers back!

 

 

 

Now, we are off to October…………….

IMG_3230

IMG_3232

 

 

My camera picks sees red in everything, the top page does not have a pink cast in real life.  The one on the left, here, does!  We are off to see what the new month brings….!

 

Just thought I would end with a picture of the birthday boy, me, our daughter-in-law and granddaughter!

IMG_3222 Happy Birthday, Ron!

15 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Enjoying your journal pages! I'm having fun filling my art travel journal on our out west trip as we speak! Lots can be seen on my blog, happy birthday Ron!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your 'wild' pages, great idea to do the journalling here and there! Valerie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Like your idea of how you make your calendar. I must ask is that a bichon in your "yard guards" photo. I also have a bichon. Love those little dogs.

elle said...

Your journal is wonderful and what a nice photo!

france papillon said...

Happy birthday Ron!
lots of yumminess to look at, love how you play around on your pages, makes it really dynamic!

have a happy month
france xx

krisandkreate said...

I love how everyone has different ideas in their journal - the flower petals for the days are fabulous x

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love the sketches on your pages. Just lovely.

flutterbycrafter said...

What fantastic pages, I love your 'out of the box' style, so different and so interesting

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love your pages. They are SO much different than most. In fact, I like how you turn them into journal pages. Of course, the sunflowers are perfect, too.

Linda Kunsman said...

Happy birhtday to your hubby. Love your very creative pages!! I'm hoping to be able to work more loosely with my pages next year as I will have a larger book to work in. I was pretty restricted this year.

ColourFly said...

I love the way you do your calendar page! Great idea!

Creatively yours Fi said...

Lots of lovely arty bits to take in :) I love your calender page...I find I feel a bit restricted by square panels myself ....mixing it up is part of the fun! Have a fabulous October!

Journal Swag said...

Hope Ron's birthday was great! I -LOVE- these latest journal pages! Love!

Joyous said...

I particularly like those two birds and if only I could get away with that comment!

Unknown said...

I love your crazy wild pages! Maybe I'll try organically grown/drawn days for November.