Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yards and yards of white…….

Last Monday the new carpet was installed, finally. 

It has taken us two months, first to decide what material to use to cover the floors, then painting the woodwork and the walls of a couple rooms, then packing and unpacking, moving the furniture out, moving it back in……it was worth it, we think! 

living 009

 

This is dining room end of the room.  I don’t love the opening into the kitchen, its only real value is the amount of light it allows into a very small kitchen.  Above the opening is the mirror I just refurbished.

 

living 010

In the top photo, you get a glimpse of the new carpet,  actually, it is off white with a brown fleck, thus yards and yards of white.

This cupboard holds a part of my flower pot collection.  It didn’t start out to be a collection…….it just grew into one, funny how that happens. 

On top of the cupboard is a bowl my husband made by gluing pieces of wood together and then turning it on a lathe.  He, also, built the cupboard around an old window.  I’m lucky to be married to such a talented fellow!

I, also, love small metal buildings that were made for train sets, that’s one next to the bowl. living 011

Finally, the beloved copper bowl that sits on the dinning table.

Thanks for visiting, I love your comments. 

Hope you enjoy your visit to Kathleen’s White Wednesday party.

7 comments:

BailiwickStudio said...

I understand completely just how easily a collection can start and grow! Sometimes without you even noticing until it's already happened...

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi There
Well I just love your world globes and the blue baubles in your copper bowl... lovely .. Julie

Sandi said...

I have several collections...or at least that is what I call them. lol Love your window cupboard! Thank you for sharing your whites with us today.
Blessings~

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love all the little pots in the cabinet!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I have a crush on that little cupboard with the flower pots!

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is a great little cabinet! Happy WW!
Rene'

Candy said...

Thanks for your recent visit to my white Wednesday post. I'm a bit tardy on returning to visit. I can just imagine you all enjoying the new and fresh makeovers.
Happy Weekend Blessings ;-)