Sunday, March 28, 2010

That Pottery Barn look....

It is "kinda" becoming my look!  I have such an eclectic assortment of furniture and accessories, I doubt one word describes "my look".

Any way, I've heard so much about the use of painter's drop cloths that I had to go check it out.  Well, I was pleasantly surprised, I expected cold, stiff, white canvas and I found a 9'x12' piece of beige, textured (and after it was washed) soft fabric.  I bought it, I had some chair cushions to recover.

Before I cut into it, I thought I would throw it over the sofa to see how it might fit and look as a cover.  I like it and it cost just $19.

new rug 003 

Yesterday, my Pottery Barn catalogue arrived and what do I see.........they have almost the exact same thing that they call a "dropcloth PB loose-fit slipcover" and it is on sale for $79.

Now, I tell ya'........start fabric shopping in the paint department.

1 comment:

Romeo said...

Ha! I vote for the paint dept cover - looks great! And it can be washed too?! Sounds like you did pretty good with this decision. "She" likes Pottery Barn, but if it's somewhere else cheaper, there's no decision to be made. Which makes me very happy! Yes, that means more cat snacks for me!!

I hope you have a great week!

Romeo and "her"