Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Sunny Saturday in Sellwood……

After getting our coffee at the stand in Aurora this morning, we were off to the flea market at the Aurora Legion Hall. 

I go as much to visit with friends as to shop. Always see old friends and usually find some treasure I can’t live without.  Today, I scored some  old seam binding, one spool in a nice shade of teal and one is burgundy, at a $1. each for 100 yards, I may have just purchased a lifetimes worth of ribbon!  The truth be told, I don’t use it……..I just love the look of it.  I’m a ribbon hoarder (spelled correctly)!

Then we were off to Sellwood/Moreland, Stars and Splendid Antique Malls to be exact.  Visited Coco and Toulouse and Jealous Gardener while we waited for the other stores to open.

bowl 003

This copper footed bowl was my purchase of the day……I LOVE it.  It has the most spectacular verdigris patina on the inside.

bowl 002

 

I filled it with glass fishing floats and some artificial lavender stems.  The turquoise color of the floats looks great with the patina of the copper. I’m like’n the shine of the glass cloche with my new chairs, too.

Our new carpet is on back order, so it will be a couple more weeks before it is installed.  In the mean time, we will continue to live with half of our “stuff” in boxes in the garage for a bit longer.  Actually, I have more fishing floats out there SOMEWHERE!!!!

No comments: