Sunday, March 7, 2010

A view from the top…….

This blogging thing is a constant learning process for me!  I may have worked in newspapers for years, as a salesperson/manager not a writer, but even when writing ad copy you need to have a beginning and an ending to your story, as well as, a compelling point.

Every post I do, I see something I should have done, or could have done, better.  Last night was no exception, I forgot to properly illustrate the point of the story.

I was so excited about the new bowl that I forgot to post, possibly, the most important photo and, certainly, the one that best demonstrates why this was not just another copper pot………the inside of the bowl!

bowlI 002

 

 

 

 

 

bowlI 003

The photo above is a little dark but it shows the bowl’s shape and the foot.  This photo really shows the verdigris. The lip of the bowl has a very reddish copper cast….wonderful color combination created by time and nature.  The bowl is marked made in Turkey.

The seller had it marked “bird bath”, which may have been its original purpose or a planter.  In any case, it has spent much of its life in the great outdoors, judging by time worn finish.

Truly for me, it is life’s small things that make me happy!

1 comment:

Journal Swag said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo, I LOVE the bowl!! Very cool!

Hugs,
Sheila