Friday, October 18, 2013

Teaching and learning........

I'm teaching a journaling class with another woman.  She loves to write and I love to make art so we have teamed up, again.  We did something similar last fall.

  

So, the "other Jan" gets them thinking and writing about the events of their life, both, large and small and I'm showing them ways to express themselves by adding art to their stories.  In the photo above, we took pieces of a collage and rearranged them to demonstrate how each person has their own idea of how the piece fit together.


These were the pieces.....hopefully, I will be able to share the finished page with you next time.  The story that goes with these pieces is even better, it is about a flashy aunt who always had perfectly manicure red finger nails.  Do you have a story like that?  How would you express it in art and words?
 
 
Just because.......I have to share the latest Gelli prints!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
I'll share my class story, as well, I remember a neighbor woman who every day sold produce in an out-door Farmer's Market in downtown Portland.  I don't know where the produce came from but she would load it in the trunk of her white Cadillac and drive off wearing a black dress that her slip ALWAYS hung below and her unkempt hair.
     
 
 

Funny, the things we remember.....that is why it is so much fun to write them down and one day your family and friends will treasure those stories.

7 comments:

elle said...

How great to add art to tell a story. I think this is such a healthy thing. I'd do an 'aunty' type page and put ten small rectangular red pieces as a kinda jarring accent!

Julie said...

Looks like it will be a fun class! Love your gelli prints and this Free Spirit page! Neat story!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can almost envision the story you have portrayed. I bet you are having a wonderful time in that class.

Of course, I love those gelli prints. I'm going to have to make some gelatin since I don't have a plate. I want to play along, too!

Victoria said...

Beautiful post..gorgeous art ad creations...I love the magical leaf..stunning! Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories!
Victoria
Happy Sunday Sketches

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wonderful collage work. I love your little car, too. So cute. :)

Unknown said...

oh how wonderful to see your work!!!! love the collage work!

janice smith said...

Wonderful work! I bet your class was loads of fun. I particularly love the free spirit page. Have a great week! xo, janice