Friday, May 11, 2012

Pages, the magazine…….

 

My excitement for this week…..ClothPaperScissors has published a new edition of Pages magazine and I have my work featured in it!  Woo Hoo!  Both pages, below, are on page 108….but who’s counting. 

I believe I will receive a comp copy of Pages but, as soon as, I knew I could see which pages they had chosen for the magazine….I had to buy a download!  I had submitted photos from both books.  When they contacted me they asked me to send both books, so I had no idea what was going to be published, if anything.  Two months of suspense was enough for me!

IMG_1502

The page above is from the first altered book round robin I had ever participated in, the theme was letters and numbers.  This book round robin was organized by ABC Altered Book Club, an on-line Yahoo group.  I blogged about it on Oct. 21, 2011, so you can see the rest of the book HERE!

IMG_1669

  My theme for this book was nature.  I “tweaked” this page a bit after I took this photo, so it is a little different in the magazine!  Both round robins took place in 2011, this one was organized by Amy and traveled from Oregon and Washington to Texas and Louisiana. I shared the whole book HERE after it returned to me.

Round Robin means a group of people each select a book to alter.  You determine your theme and start the book off with your own artwork, the book is then mailed to the next participant who then adds their art to your book, then they mail it on….until each person has contributed their work to your book and you have added to their books.  In the end, the book comes back to you with the additions of five or six other artists.

So, with these two books, the pleasure has now been doubled by seeing them in print and the beautiful arty additions done by other artists.

You can pre-order the 2012 version of Pages from ClothPaperScissors or download it, if you’re like me and can’t wait, pre-order on line or wait until it reaches a news stand near you. 

Actually, if you are making books and/or journals you are really going to enjoy this publication…..there are so many great, usable articles and ideas.  You will get tons of inspiration.

3 comments:

Halle said...

Congrats!!! Always fun to see your own work in print!! WOO-HOO

elle said...

Congratulations. But yikes, my 'must get' book list is getting longer and longer. There is so much inspiration and techniques and it is all so great!

Dianne said...

wow! terrific work, congrats! the pages are really cool...