Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Toys……

 

A trip to Michael’s today netted some great new pens!

I had to laugh at the store checker who loudly proclaimed…..”these are expensive!”.  My husband was standing right there, so he showed them to him and said “these are $23”.  Hubby just laughed (he is so used to my art supply addiction)!  I said “obviously you’re not married”.  Those comments to the right wrong people could have created a messy scene!  We thought it was funny!

He was young and obviously not into public relations….really, with the 40% off coupon they are less than $1.50 each. 

IMG_2057

I got the Sakura Soufflés because they are suppose to have better coverage on dark backgrounds and I’m still playing on black paper…….can’t wait to try them!

letters 002

“Serendipity” is the word of the week on Lindsay Ostrom’s blog and my motivation for doing this piece.  For the first time I am participating in “Word”, so…….if you go HERE and comment on my work, the art with the most comments will win one of Lindsay’s cool art pieces!  Thanks for doing that!

IMG_2052

Before I ran out of black paper (hehehe), I played with “You’ve got the power”.  Then to mix it up a bit…..I put a bird on it AND covered it with yummy beeswax.

IMG_2056

Thanks for stopping by!  Have you purchased any new toys lately?

7 comments:

Mary said...

Love these pens, and had to chuckle at the checkout clerks comments.

Have fun with them.

Charmingdesigns said...

There is nothing quite like new toys!!! Have fun, I'll be watching to see what you do with them

elle said...

Our Michael is quite stingy with the coupons now. Not sure why. I'm still collecting various tools and the pens look luscious. Luv the waxed bird!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Jan, I am with that clerk. Those ARE expensive pens. I've seen (and drooled over) them at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. Even with a coupon, I could only afford ONE and I know that's not how they sell them. You are lucky that you have an awesome hubby who doesn't begrudge you art supplies. My friend Kathy is the same way. If she sees it and wants it, she buys it. When I go shopping with her, I just admire from afar.

I am off to vote for you. That I CAN do, since the vote is free (grin).

Bev said...

Funny story , question i was told to get Gelly Rolls so can u advise seeing as l agree with Elizabeth dont want to get the wrong ones ...oh i have no hubby just a narrow budget lol

hugz bev

Roberta said...

Ohh, I LOVE the way those Souffle pens show up on black paper! I have some around here, so I will try them on dark paper...thanks for the inspiration! And yeah, supplies can be costly...but if you use them, then they are totally worth it! My new "toy" is pastels. I bought a set off Amazon recently, and I love pretending I am Degas :-)

Roberta said...

Ohh, I LOVE the way those Souffle pens show up on black paper! I have some around here, so I will try them on dark paper...thanks for the inspiration! And yeah, supplies can be costly...but if you use them, then they are totally worth it! My new "toy" is pastels. I bought a set off Amazon recently, and I love pretending I am Degas :-)