Saturday, January 14, 2012

Inspiration board and goals……..

 

I started off the new year making my version of an inspiration board!

IMG_1882

…..then I mapped out my goals.

IMG_1883

I’m off and running with one of my goals….. to learn encaustics.  My friend, Thea, and I took our first class today from Pam Nichols at the Chehalem Cultural Center in Newberg.  Three more classes to go, this is going to be fun!

IMG_1889 We’ve started small and are learning how to control hot melting wax…..like trying to heard cats, I’d say.

Here is just one sample of our teacher, Pam’s work.

IMG_1890 We have a ways to go before we have this much control over the medium, but I think we are going to have some fun along the way.

5 comments:

Mary said...

loving these journal pages, especially mapping your goals...

looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your encaustic class
that is on my list to learn.

grace and peace

Julie said...

Your class sounds so great! I have to learn more about encaustics. Sounds so interesting. Love your inspiration board pieces!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in LOVE with those encaustic examples, but I can see them as fabric using various techniques, rather than on paper and wax/resin. However, I love how you have mapped out your goals. It reminds me of the mixed media book I've been trying to find on maps. I saw it somewhere on the net and both your map and your hand reminded me of it!

Brian Kasstle said...

Oh I am soooo envious of your encaustics... wonderful!!!!

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com