Sunday, December 4, 2011

Stamp carving……..

 

Who knew this could be so fun and relaxing!  I love carving stamps, don’t know if I care that much about using them…..but I really do like to carve them.

Bought a book, Saturday, at the flea market and it has the greatest full color photos of fish….it is wonderful.  I was inspired to carve a fish stamp……look at thisl

IMG_1720

Book jacket show some of the great illustrations that are inside……I redrew one of the fish examples onto a piece of rubber eraser like material called “Speedy Cut” and carved it.  This stuff cuts like butter not like using a linoleum block, also, more fragile but will hold up a long time.IMG_1725Then stamped onto white paper and added the touch of red for effect, I used StazOn black and red inks.

IMG_1723

I, recently, did a reduction print with this sunflower and used it in an altered book.

IMG_1724 And this is from my recent “leaf-period”……you remember, I spent the fall playing with leaves, well, this was something else I used leaves for….FUN!

I have some beautiful handmade paper and I am going to print these stamps on it and frame them for Christmas gifts.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hahaha...you remind me of... ME! I like to do things that I don't particularly want to do anything with later...like make paper beads! I seriously don't care to make them into jewelry...and I can end up with, and have ended up with, tons of beads with nowhere to go!!! Hehehehe.

You are a wonderful stamp carver!!! The fish is amazing!

I am having an urge to make handmade stamped (with potatoes) wrapping paper with the kids though. When we do it, I will post.

Have fun with your images...neat idea to frame them on homemade paper. One of a kind. Beautiful.

Dianne said...

I love your carved stamps. The fish are terrific! the people on your Christmas list are very lucky...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO impressed with your carving abilities. I bet you laugh when you see me with my paring knife and erasers I get at Big Lots. Yours are stunning, especially the fish and leaves.

elle said...

What a relief that we don't have to actually use our stuff. But these are certainly worth using. Wonderful!