Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Time Blues.......

I don't have summer time blues, but it seems my garden does.............

front yard 010with Hydrangea and Blue Oat Grass looking cool on these warm summer days!

While your here, come sit a while and view the garden from this bench........

front yard 024under the arbor that will, one day, be covered by this Jackmanii Clematis.............

front yard 025

and the Crown Princess Margaretta rose.........

front yard 028here is a view of the Crown Princess up close.  Note that this rose is not only a beautiful peach color but it has the most wonderful fragrance.......

yard and LR 007 this seating area is finished off with yard sale finds and a couple colorful pillows for comfort!

front yard 029 

More Blues.....the planter on the wall is a "married" piece, the turquoise stamped metal came from a cute shop, located between Wilsonville and Sherwood, called Tollen Farm and the flowerpot holder, I found at a yard sale, pots and all.

Since this wall of the house is under an eaves but gets glaring, hot sun in the late afternoon, I planted sedum in the pots.  Not to sure, I like that idea but I'll give them another year of growth and see how they look then.

I added a little metal table where you can sit your cup or glass and another flowerpot planted with sedums......all we need to do, now, is add lemonade.... sit....and relax!

Come with me to visit the following blogs where I will be participating in their parties.  A big Thank You to the following hostess:

 

Blue Monday at Smiling Sally

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Bloomin Tuesday at Ms Green Thumb Jean

Wednesday at A Southern Day Dreamer

27 comments:

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hi Jan ~ Thanks so much for stopping by, I Love meeting Bloggers ~ Love Your Garden, the shed & so much more, had to become a new follower & added you to My Blog Favorites list..... I'll be back, hope to meet again, Soon!
Cheryl

Fex said...

wow a lovely garden. Nice to relax there during summer time :)

Tracy F. said...

What a lovely spot!

Cecily said...

Lovely, lovely colors!! Absolutely gorgeous!

SmilingSally said...

You choose well. That aqua blue is the "in" color.

Happy Blue Monday, Jan.

bj said...

I am just about to pitch a hissy fit for an arbor...your's is already pretty but when it gets all covered in flowers, OMGosh, it is going to be awesome!!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

What a cool and relaxing place. The hydrangea's in our area are long gone. It has been so hot and dry that they did not last long this year. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

Kim, USA said...

Love this place, looks very cool! Hydrangea is one of my favorite flower and yours is blooming great. Happy Monday!

Blue Monday

Eileen said...

What a lovely post! Your flowers are all gorgeous ~ and I just love your little seating area. It's so cute! Thanks for visiting. Happy Blue Monday!

Unknown said...

Oh Jan, What a lovely place to sit. Those plants are wonderful!

jlshall (Joysweb) said...

Such a beautiful, inviting spot to sit and rest a while! And I love that blue oat grass - it's a wonderful, summery shade.

Happy Blue Monday! from Joy @ Joysweb

Racquel said...

What a pretty place to sit and enjoy the garden. :)

Debbiedoos said...

Jan are we perhaps related? First I see the pillow I have exactly the pretty blue one with the iris flower...and then all your whimsy color....I do not see this that often so when I do, I am thrilled!!~ I love it!

Suzanne said...

I love the color in your garden. So alive, fresh and pretty. Your flowers are gorgeous!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

So beautiful!!! I really adore the blue colors of your pillows and the little table! It matches your cool blue flowers perfectly! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Becca's Dirt said...

Very inviting sitting area. So colorful and I bet smells so good while you enjoy your cup of coffee.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What an absolutely charming spot. Love that you have the little table. Gotta' have a spot for your drink. The "married" pieces look perfect together. I like how the pillows tie the colors all together. Oh....can I just come over and enjoy this little spot? Please?

Olive said...

A darling garden bench. olive♥

Sherry said...

What a wonderful spot to sit and relax. You have used my favorite color for accents in your space. What a beautiful rose, I can almost smell it just looking at it.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

It all compliments each other beautifully !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Rebecca said...

Beautiful garden photo! happy blue Monday on my first blue Monday!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how beautiful. Your garden and seating area are wonderful. I would love to sit and relax and have a glass of tea. Beautiful colors and the bench and pots on the wall are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

shannon i olson said...

Those are blues worth having!! Great grass!

Jean said...

The Crown Princess Rose is amazing! I'd love to spend time on your bench with a good book. Love all your thrifted treasures! Jean

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Very pretty! That rose is just stunning!

Manuela

Diana LaMarre said...

Loving all the blues! That Jackmanii Clematis is going to be stunning as an arch to frame the seating area.

Jocelyn said...

What a very inviting spot! Love the blues.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/