Thursday, June 3, 2010

Playing with paper and loving it....

Recently, I have taken a couple lessons in collage at the Woodburn Art Center from a woman, who's name is Susan Schenk.

I've been doing collage for a while but what make Susan's work interesting is she, basically, paints with paper.  I've not done anything in class that I was very excited about but on my own I have discovered....cupcakes!

cupcake 009This technique uses paper as the medium, instead of paint, so all the rules of painting apply.  My theory is I need figure out the lights and darks and developing shapes so I'm taking a fairly simple shape and I'm going to do a series of practice pieces.

cupcake 011   So, I'm off to make cupcakes with personality and depth and ...........no calories.  Just for fun, I'm taking my cupcakes to a party at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  Please join me and remember I love comments and followers!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Jan! Your cupcake looks fine to me, but cupcakes and me..I'm biased.

Dayle Allen Shockley said...

Delightful! Never heard of this technique.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Looks like a fun project! Your numbered basket turned out so cute!
rene

Our Back Porch said...

Your cupcakes are wonderful! Such a neat idea! And better yet...no calories. Gotta love that! Happy "Show~n~Tell" Friday!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Victoria said...

Those are so cute!

Sherry said...

That is a cute project! That looks like it would be a little challenging to get the shadowing like that. Wonderful!
Come by my blog and win a $50 CSN gift certificate.
Sherry

Theresa said...

What a fantastic cupcake! Have a ball!

Amy Henderson said...

Love this!

Amy Henderson said...

I love this! I linked to your page from my blog post "I heart cupcakes" :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

This looks so sweet and deceptively simple. I can't wait to see what else you do. My daughter had a cupcake themed birthday party this past February and this would have been fun to have the girls try. Did you use scrapbook paper or magazine pages or both or what?

I just love what you created.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

This is really neat! I love the idea of "painting" with paper! Your mm in the cherry is just brilliant-have fun!

Romeo said...

How fun is this?!?!! And they look great!!!!

Two paws up on these beauties!!!

Purrs!

Romeo and "her"