Monday, November 11, 2013

Play time.....

Been playing a lot lately.....with stamp carving:

I carved a new feather stamp and tried it out on white paper with and without a red circle, then experimented on a piece of toned paper.

Then I played with my Gelli plate......practicing mono printing:



Fun to experiment with hand cut stencils and try to design something interesting.

Then I combined collage and a mono print with a couple different hand carved stamp........


Over the weekend the sun came out and I took my camera for a walk in the park and happily discovered these little beauties............




.......mushrooms in the grass gave me some great design inspiration....stay tuned, we'll see where they lead.

I do enjoy my creative play time!  Hope you had some play time this week, too.

5 comments:

Halle said...

Love the sunflower piece!! Looking forward to some inspired fungi. :)

elle said...

Here's hoping. I need me a tree stamp! ;)

Karen said...

I love the leaves and the sunflowers. Great work, as always, can't wait to see what you design next.

Dianne said...

I admire your prints so much! I really haven't done any relief printing since college...and yours are really terrific!

Sheila Earhart said...

Love all of your pieces! I'm anxious to hear more, it sounds like an awesome exhibit! :)

Sheila