Friday, November 29, 2013

Day after or "leftovers" day.......

Our day after Thanksgiving started cold and frosty.....




Looks like snow but it is just fog and frost.....so I took my time, this morning, reading the paper and drinking my coffee while sitting in front of the warm fire in the fireplace. 

What I love most about Thanksgiving are the leftovers.....you with me?  I remember, several years back, on the day after Thanksgiving I had to go off to work (that is life in the newspaper business) and my four teenage children picked the turkey clean.  By the time I got home there was no  cold turkey sandwich for Mom......really I've never forgotten or forgiven!!  Well, I have sort of......there are some years, now, when I forget to remind them!  Holidays are all about the memories.

Speaking of memories......I've wrapped up the "Gratitude Journal" and it will soon be wrapped and under the tree. 

I put prompts on some pages...........


 
 
And some pages I left open for the recipient to write their own meaningful thoughts and/or experience. 
 
 
 
Finally, I thought I would share this little idea with you.  Some of you know that I have a new Gelli Printing Plate that I've been having a great time with and I've made a BUNCH of prints.....some good, some not so much!  But, I've figured out one way to use up a few.......
 
 

 
I typed out this quote that I really like, cut and pasted it four times on one page.  Then I ran the Gelli prints through the printer so the quote would print on the unpainted side, cut them into lengths and I've stitched each one with a "red line of thread".  I'm giving them to friends instead of Christmas cards this year.

Enjoy your weekend.....hope you are staying warm, as there are parts of the country where it is much colder and much more miserable than it is on the west coast.  So stay safe!



5 comments:

elle said...

I'm with you. I like turkey. They are not easy to raise and our family has shrunk but we have turkey fairly often. I like that journal and that red thread! Happy Thanksgiving, Jan.

Tracy said...

A gratitude journal - what a great idea for a gift! I'm sure whoever receives it will have fun adding their own contribution :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an imaginative way to use those extra gelli plate pages. Truly awesome. Now I wish I hand sewed. Or not (grin).

Some lucky recipient is going to love your journal. I know it came from the heart, which is the most important thing. Of course, the art is pretty stunning, too.

Karen said...

I like the leftovers, too. Haven't had to cook for a few days, ha. I love your new book!

Unknown said...

Love your journal! Great use of those gelli plates! I, too, haven't had to cook in a couple of days. Leftovers are great! xo