Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sketching and gardening and journaling.......

 

IMG_4044 This lovely Peony is called "Sorbet".  I planted it in my front flower bed about 10 years ago, along with, "Raspberry Sundae" (apparently I'm drawn to flowers with food names) which isn't blooming yet but will be soon.  I love the old-fashion beauty of peonies and the sweet smell.

So, I tried my hand at a sketch/watercolor.............

IMG_4047

I love this time of year!  Everything is in bloom and growing like crazy.

Speaking of "crazy", this journal page makes me chuckle......and it is true!

IMG_4048

Thanks for stopping by.....feel free to comment and have a great day!

5 comments:

Terra said...

Dancing and shooting, yup, that is a well rounded person. I see you like flowers with dessert names, quite pretty.

elle said...

I'm with you on the 'food' peonies. But mine are just coming through the ground! You are definitely well rounded! ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love those peonies. Mine aren't doing well this year.

I love the journaling. Yep, that makes for a very well rounded person. BTW, my Grandfather (Grands raised me) taught me how to shoot a gun.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Great page! And I love your flower art. Your watercolors are lovely!

SAMARA said...

my my you have the female and masculine principles balanced out within you! good parental units you had...to make sure you had it all! and your watercolor is absolutely breathtaking. Oh, how i wish! And the flowers and your knowledge of is very impressive and beautiful, all in one. Lovies, samara