Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nature journal and experimenting…..

 

Still playing in my nature journal!  Today, I found an old class project in a drawer.  I had painted it with acrylics on paper and thought it would be fun to recycle it…..by adding words.  I, also, needed to add some length to the page.  So, I glued a piece of heavy paper to the top, where the binding will hide it, then I added a wash and a funky border.

IMG_2941 You can’t go wrong with Ralph Waldo Emerson!

IMG_2942

 

 

I liked the colors in this painting and the looseness of it, so, I decided it would be journal worthy with the addition of the quote and a few doodles.

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve, also, been experimenting with some of the rubber stamps I’ve been carving.  I liked the one with the man’s face until I decided to write on the page.  The writing became a distraction. 

But, I had fun stamping with paint, both acrylic and watercolor, on the watercolor washed backgrounds.  I used a leaf stamp to make trees and added doodles with a pen and cardboard  for texture.  I’ve been trying to learn more about watercolor paper and it’s properties, too, so all in all it was a great learning experience.

IMG_2946 I “pinned my own board”!  I put these experiments on my inspiration board for just that reason, to inspire me to play some more with the stamps and various mediums. 

I really like the colors and, for now, that’s enough!

2 comments:

elle said...

Great experimenting. I, too, like that looseness in the painting. I like the format of this journal.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. I love the nature inspired journal page and your "pin" board. Very inspiring.