Sunday, August 14, 2011

Introducing Oregon........

Wow, I'm taking a breather......after a whirl wind three weeks of entertaining our visitor from Sweden.

We took her to the beach, shopping, meeting new relatives, birthday parties, outdoor music venues, hiking, Bar B Qs, not one, but two Cruise-Ins, she made art........

IMG_1118 She hiked Portland's Forest Park and then a five miles trail in Silver Falls State Park and marveled at ten waterfalls along the way..

IMG_1135

she shared her musical knowledge with her younger cousin, we went to a community theater play.....

IMG_1107

She met my BFFs and Elvis for lunch.........

IMG_1129she played a pick up game of soccer in the park, was in awe at Wal-Mart, couldn't believe the food choices in the grocery stores, she had a walking tour of downtown Portland, went to a garage sale and so much more.

Yesterday, she witnessed small town U.S.A. at it's best!  We attended an event called Aurora Colony Days which consists of antique street sales, food, art show and a parade. 

They don't have parades in Sweden or small town celebrations, like we do.  We learned a lot about Sweden and she learned a lot about the U.S.  A great opportunity for us all.

Speaking of Aurora Colony Days....look at the goodies I picked up. 

IMG_1137  

Some cool shelf paper scraps that I can scan and reuse in my collages.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1139 

 

I love keys, I could never have too many, also, some millenary leaves and cherries, door back plate and cool brass pin-back pins.

 

 

 

 

Then I hit the jackpot......hey, these are WAY MORE than plumbing supplies, dude,.......these are precious pieces of art making potential!

IMG_1140

I must get busy......I have picked up some great bits and pieces this summer for collage and assemblage projects!  I'll have a fun and busy winter.

To top it all off, these are some goodies my cousin brought from Sweden.........

IMG_1141Love the "Party Map Stockholm"......got to do something to cheer up those looooooooong winter nights!

We are having a great and busy summer, so far, I hope you are too! 

4 comments:

Quiltemarerittet said...

Lucky Caroline! Your finds is in my style......marvellous!

Karen said...

Wow, what a great trip for your visitor! Love your finds, too, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Elizabeth Golden said...

What great finds! Love the plumbing stuff...drool.

She Who Doodles said...

wow, you got some great stuff in aurora. i'll have to try and catch aurora days next year.