Monday, August 1, 2011

FOUND.....

another great web-site called, "They Draw & Travel", where you will find nifty hand drawn snapshots of cities from all over the world.

IMG_1092

IMG_1096 This one was drawn by a Portland designer.  I'm including it in the journal I'm making for our Swedish visitor.  So, beautifully represents Portland with just a few illustrations.

On the left hand page is a map of Portland, and the surrounding area, so she can highlight the places she has visited.

Here are more drawings by different artist.....

IMG_1094that I thought she could relate to, she is flying in and out of JFK...so will see some of NYC, maybe not Brooklyn, but some part, she has been to Amsterdam and one of her younger sisters will be attending school in California, not far from Venice.IMG_1093

IMG_1097

This spring she made a visit to Italy, so the drawing on the left and above, is of Venezia one of the places she visited.

Visit www.theydrawandtravel.com and see the places you have visited from an artist's perspective. 

I am linking to Creative Every Day, join me in visiting and viewing some fine artistic endeavors.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been trying to catch up on this journal you are making for your Swedish relative. This is gorgeous. I like how you incorporate so many lovely pieces, including old relatives. I thin Venezia is my favorite, though.