Friday, July 8, 2011

Ready to go......gone!

Finished both of my color pages for my ABC Altered Book Club Round Robin and sent them off to their new home in Minnesota, today!

IMG_0966

The challenge was to create a 6x9 inch page using, primarily, the color blue!  This is the front of one page and the back is below........

IMG_0967The pages are thick and a little warped thus the bulging in the middle look to the photo!

IMG_0956Front of page two and more blue!

IMG_0963

This is the back of page two with a removable tag (postcard)  that contains my info.

IMG_0955 For those of you who have no idea what this is for or what a round robin is.....I will try to explain.

I am sending these pages to Halle in Minnesota.  I will be doing four more sets of two pages for four different participants.  Each person gives the parameters for their pages.....mine are: I want the other participants to make my pages 8x11 inches and use the colors hot pink and/or orange.  Each person has a different request.

Sometime soon, I will be receiving my first set of pages....which I really looking forward to, by the way.  There is a set rotation for making and mailing, in a few weeks, I will receive two pages back from Halle in my color choices. 

Now, I have about six weeks to do two more pages that are rust and white and get them off to Elizabeth.

After I have received all ten pages, others will make for me, I will be placing them in this book that I've made by up cycling the covers of a dictionary.

IMG_0971 Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.  I'm linking to Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

Julie said...

Did you use a drill to make the holes in your dictionary cover??? That is so cool!!! I can't wait to see all of the pages that you recieve in orange and pink!!! I love this!!!

Susan Freeman said...

Beautiful!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

elle said...

What a lovely collection of pages. You have a fine hand with colour and style.

Karen said...

This is such an inventive idea, how wonderful, a book with many authors all in different styles. What an amazing project.

Halle said...

Oh fun pages! Can't wait to get them!! I'll be stalking the post office now. :)