Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday…..

 

I haven’t participated in WOYWW in a while, Wednesday’s roll around so fast I seem to forget or I don’t have anything that I’m working on……well, yay! today I remembered that it was almost Wednesday, AGAIN, and had something I was working on.

I am participating in a journal page swap organized by Michael Geller, appropriately, named “Vintage Back To School”.  These pages are due the middle of August and I’m trying to avoid being too last minute.  This is only a sneak peek!  I don’t want to spoil the surprise for any of the other thirteen partners in the swap. 

IMG_2639 You can see some of the vintage parts of this page.  I love, love, love the circa 1949 Golden Books Dictionary pages, I am making those into pockets that will hold some cool back to school supplies.  Yes, Bingo cards play a part, too.

IMG_2640

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ll share the journal with you when I receive it the first of September, including this page finished.

If you look closely, you will see one of the stamps I carved to make this card is on my desk, too.

IMG_2643 I really enjoy carving stamps and I’m having a ball thinking of creative ways to use them.

IMG_2642Carved stamps and ink stamp pad….that’s all it takes to make cute cards, tags or to frame!

Thanks for stopping by, please join me at Julia's Stamping Ground where snoopers from around the world share their work space with each other.

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't draw, much less grip a knife, but I'm determined to carve a real stamp one of these days. Yours are always awesome and I really LOVE that bird.

SandeeNC said...

You are such a clever chick ( yes, pun intended, I simply cannot help myself sometimes, lol ) with your carved stamps! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina #50, unless someone removes a link, lol

Ali H said...

Love your bird stamp - you must be very talented to make that yourself ! The journal page will be fun too - just wondering if you will be popping underwear in the pocket labelled up as that !!!! Ali #53

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow love the hand carved stamp - I have seen tutorials on how to do this but have never gotten around to it - maybe I should! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl No. 58

Lynn Holland said...

Thought one of the Doodlies had landed on top of the bingo card for a minute haha.
Lynn's Doodly Birds 74

okienurse said...

great looking desk looks very creative and busy! Love that stamp! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #67

Victoria said...

Very exciting to see your own carved stamp!! The journal page looks ever so fun - looking forward to seeing the finished thing. Happy WOYWW! Victoria #87

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Funny, I have a carving block and carving tool in my stash, must have gotten it with an old Club Scrap kit EONS ago - never used it but yours turned out so fab I may need to give it a go. It's always picking the right image tho', isn't it? Too much time invested to carve a stamp you won't use 100 times LOL!

Happy WOYWW

MA (1)

J said...

I´m very impressed that you make your own stamps, really lovely bird.

Inkypinkycraft said...

love your hand carved stamp, trace x 56

Shoshi said...

Wow, carving your own stamps! Never tried that, although I used to do lino cuts at school.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #3

Joynana said...

I have heard about people carving their own stamps, but never done it. I would not even know where to start. Thanks for stopping by. #30

sandra de said...

Such a wonderful stamp.
Sandra @31

Peggy Cain said...

great bird stamp I just started carving my own stamps I bought the video by Julie Fei Fan Balzer and watched some youtube I'm addicted now. love the idea of the dictionary pages. have a great day

peggy aplSEEDS said...

happy WOYWW! that is an awesome stamp. what did you carve it from?
thank you for sharing!
hugs,#20
peggy aplSEEDS

JoZart Designs said...

I really enjoyed my browse through your blog and the lavender fields. We have an organic lavender farm near my home which we have visited a few times recently. It is the most special of plants for all it is and all it does. I never travel without a mini bottle of the oil.
lots of love JoZarty x Thanks for visiting!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Hand carved stamps! That is something that never appealed to me but I know there are some of you out there that love it. I like your creations! I love the vintage back to school stuff. Um... I remember the golden books. Does that make me vintage? Surely not!

Dianne said...

your stamps are so amazing...love this birdie! and the back to school journal looks like it's going to be terrific...I have so much trouble cutting into vintage books though...but you are tempting me! great work...