Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Starting to believe in summer........

After almost a week of sunshine, off and on, I'm ready to believe summer will come to Oregon.....so time to spruce up the patio, a bit!

This funky wire rack served as a soda pop bottle display rack in it's former life!

IMG_0814

IMG_0813

Decked out for the 4th of July with flag decorated pinwheels in a wicker covered bottle!  A friend made the pot in a class some years back, supposedly, there would be a bouquet of flowers in the middle surrounded with candles.

IMG_0816 IMG_0815I really like to use natural materials and recently I've been gifted with the cool bird's nest and the piece of a bee hive.  I added those to the old heart shaped basket I've had around for years and added some dried, faded hydrangea blooms.

I, even, put the houseplants out today....that is a real show of faith!

IMG_0817A little late but I am linking with Jean at Bloomin Tuesday

3 comments:

Jean said...

Love all these touches! Looks like a perfect area to drink a cup of coffee. Jean

Anonymous said...

What a great place to relax and enjoy summer!

Sherry said...

You have inspired me to get my space ready for summer. I live in Washington state and I have been very slow about doing much outside at all. I think summer has arrived so I had better get at it.