Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Starting to believe in summer........

After almost a week of sunshine, off and on, I'm ready to believe summer will come to Oregon.....so time to spruce up the patio, a bit!

This funky wire rack served as a soda pop bottle display rack in it's former life!

IMG_0814

IMG_0813

Decked out for the 4th of July with flag decorated pinwheels in a wicker covered bottle!  A friend made the pot in a class some years back, supposedly, there would be a bouquet of flowers in the middle surrounded with candles.

IMG_0816 IMG_0815I really like to use natural materials and recently I've been gifted with the cool bird's nest and the piece of a bee hive.  I added those to the old heart shaped basket I've had around for years and added some dried, faded hydrangea blooms.

I, even, put the houseplants out today....that is a real show of faith!

IMG_0817A little late but I am linking with Jean at Bloomin Tuesday

4 comments:

Jean said...

Love all these touches! Looks like a perfect area to drink a cup of coffee. Jean

Carol said...

What a great place to relax and enjoy summer!

Marilyn Rock said...

How inviting! Thanks for sharing and yes, here, especially today it feels like summer has arrived! Enjoy!

Sherry said...

You have inspired me to get my space ready for summer. I live in Washington state and I have been very slow about doing much outside at all. I think summer has arrived so I had better get at it.