Sunday, October 31, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Swap!

Recently, I joined an on-line group called ABC (Altered Book Club), to learn more go HERE.

The idea is to learn from other artists who love playing with paper, creating collages, cards and other fun crafty things.  Wow, is there a lot of talent out there.

I am excited to be participating in my first EVER swap with the "12 Days of Christmas" theme.   For those of you who don't know what this type of swap is, it is best described as; twelve people making twelve 5 x 5 cards that represent ONE of the 12 days of Christmas song.  We then mail them to one person, who will in turn, mail back to each of us, a set that represents all twelve days.

Cool, huh? 

I've always wanted to do this and I am so looking forward to receiving beautiful, handmade cards created by some very talented artists.

When I receive mine, I will share them with you (should be around Dec. 1) in the meantime this is the wrapping for my card......which was "Two Turtledoves"!

etc. 014 I put each card in a cellophane bag and then glued a piece of sheet music, a piece of red paper and a white piece stamped with a bird cage and decorated with two little birds, cut out using a Cricut.

PA100001 Voila! Two gift wrapped Turtledoves!

2 comments:

Donnie said...

That is lovely. I'm going over to check them out now. Enjoy your swap.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are gorgeous, Jan. If this is the wrapping, the pieces must be awesome!