Monday, September 27, 2010

As summer fades....

We've had just enough rain, here in Oregon, combined with sunshine....that some of the flowers are still giving us a great show of color for fall.

etc. 007

Another example of why I am so enamored with the Roxanne Hardy Geranium (in the background), it is covered in beautiful, bright blue flowers all summer long.  In the foreground is an Alyssum that volunteered from last year and the yellow-green leaf is Gold Barberry.

etc. 010Yes, indeed, I like the blue/yellow combo.  Here the Hydrangea's blues play off of the Dahlia's yellow-gold and the variegated leaf in the background is Andromeda or Pieris. 

etc. 013On the other side of the garden we have Blue Oat Grass, always a winner, with more Roxanne Geraniums, purple asters and the faded blooms of gold Crocosmia.

finds 001

A broader view of my front garden, the hydrangeas are on the left and the bed with the blue oat grass is out of view on the right.  After December, this will be but a memory....until next spring!

Finally, I am getting ready to sell at a flea market this Saturday and I had dried some lavender stems that I thought would be fun to gift wrap and take with me to sell.  They smell sooooo good!

flowers 021Thanks so much for visiting, remember I really like to hear from you. 

I am linking this blog to Tuesday Garden Party , Bloomin Tuesday and Outdoor Wednesday.

25 comments:

joyh82 said...

Beautiful photos, love the colors.
Have a great week!

Cherry Chick said...

Oh! Your garden is just so lovely even at the end of the summer. I'm so envious of your lavender and for sure if I lived close by I would find you at the flea market this Saturday to buy some. My business partner goes to France a couple of times a year and she brings back heavenly lavender oil for me that I cherish. Thank you for sharing your garden with us all.

Anonymous said...

Your yard is gorgeous!! Your alyssum is wonderful and mine is always so scraggly and pitiful. What's your secret?

Racquel said...

Your garden is so pretty. Have fun at the fleamarket. :)

Darla said...

Just beautiful. I am a huge fan of alyssum and yours is so nice. Good luck at the flea market!

Beth said...

Great photos - there is SO much to enjoy in your garden as we move into October!

April Showers said...

Your garden is just lovely and all your hard work shows. That is such a beautiful boquet of color. Have a good day.

Jean said...

Your garden is still amazing! I love all your color and texture combinations. Just beautiful! Jean

Kathy Walker said...

Great photos. I love the fall!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Wow, I'm inspired by your yard- so much prettier than grass. So glad you shared this with us the the Garden Party!

Linda said...

Your garden looks so beautiful...it's amazing how the garden changes so much in each season, yet there is so much beauty out there always.

Paula said...

Great photo's ! Your gardens still look lush and fresh. Thanks for sharing, Paula in Idaho

LV said...

Even with all the Oregan rains, the flowers looks nice a long time. These are very pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Your flowers and yard are beautiful. Wonderful photos, I hope you have a great day a the Flea Market.

Lavender and Linen said...

Beautiful pictures! Please send some of your rain our way!

Love the Lavender!

Light and Voices said...

Flowers sure are blooming in Oregon. Enjoyed visiting your blog a lot this week.
Joyce M

Donnie said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. What a treat on a cool NC morning. Most all my flowers are gone now.

The Charm of Home said...

OMGosh! Your garden is gorgeous! Love the lavender. If i cam by your booth I would buy some!
Sherry

g.suzie said...

Looks like you still have some color in your garden, very pretty. . .

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the colors.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Beautiful fall garden!! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

You have a stunning garden, everything looks so full and lush yet! The lavender should sell like hotcakes, I know I would buy some. I have to pay more attention to pruning some of my plants, especially the geraniums, because mine don't look like yours...thank you for showing me what they could look like if I worked a little harder!

LindyLouMac said...

Our garden has burst back into colour recently also. It is good to meet you I am calling by from Italy on my first Wordless Wednesday blog hopping around the other entrants and enjoying exploring all these wonderful blogs.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your third and fourth photos make me think of Impressionist paintings. Beautiful!

Donnie said...

Great photos - there is so much beauty in your garden. Happy Blue Monday.