Thursday, May 27, 2010

One thing leads to another......

The recent run of cold, wet weather has driven me indoors this spring.....which hasn't been all bad!

Since the first of the year I have pretty much cleaned, cleared and in some cases, painted, every room in the house EXCEPT my craft room.  Which, in my world, can easily become the junk room, not to be confused with the "junque" room......its where I put everything I don't want to deal with at this moment or several moments, days even.

So, I took it on....sorted, added a bookcase and generally clean up.  Guess what, now, I have a clear work surface!

studio 003 I know you thought this was a blog about a clean room.........no, it's about feeling organized and inspired to tackle some projects I've been wanting to work on, i.e. one thing leads to another.

I had seen this idea on another blog, of course, I don't remember who's.  Trust me I tried to find it, it wasn't posted that long ago so maybe you can remind me where I read it, so I can give credit.

yard 2033It started with a laundry basket(or any fair size basket), in my case, I've had this around for a long time.....tried to sell it, didn't sell, so used it for toy basket for awhile.

This was such and easy update, I simply stained it with some dark wood stain we had on hand and then free handed the numbers to give it that old world/slightly industrial....been sitting on a shelf for years look.  The free hand idea was scary to me too, but you know what, it was easy.  I did draw the numbers on first with chalk, so I would have a size gauge. 

Love the finished project.

yard 2034  In its current resting place!

kitchen projects 010Some of the members of my household are just NEVER impressed with my cleverness..........................

yard 2032  Come to think of it, a nap sounds like a good idea!

I am going to participate in an on-line party called "Where Bloggers Create" in June, I'll share more photos of my studio/junque room then.

I'm going to attend a new party that sounds like fun; Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous and yet another Friday happening Saving Money and Living Life at Fabulous Friday.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to comment!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I really love your white table with the scalloped trim! It is just so sweet! And so is your adorable kitty! thanks so much for stopping by, and for your nice comments! Great globe collection, too!

Thepearsonfamilee said...

wish i had read this before i got rid of my baskets. Very sweet idea. Visiting from Saving Money.

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Jan,
Looks like you are a BUSY bee! Take care, hope to see you at a show this summer!
JOY!

Heather said...

Thanks so much for coming and linking up. What a pretty kitty and how nice to have a clean crafting room!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com
PS Hope to see you back next Friday!